domingo, 28 de fevereiro de 2010

She could be - could be, could be, could be - the girl of my fucking dreams


Do you know what loving a city is really like?

It's like loving someone you can't hold. It's like walking around your lover's body. It's like being inside the one you love. It's like leaving and coming back with a strange certainty in your heart.
I never knew what really loving a city was like 'till I could get a glimpse of it. Miles away from the ground, faster than the fastest man alive, I saw it for the first time. I had a song in my ears, wich mixed in such a way with the moment that I could tell I was in complete silence. I never believed in love at first sight. I never really thought this possibility laid before me until I met it. There it was, invaded by a bright and intense sunlight. It was like if I was meeting a great piece of my future. It was like watching a part of my life, my future life, gaining a scenario. I never thought that a city could take place in my heart like it did. I never thought I would feel home in a place that wasn't actually home. I felt that my soul was in the right place, with the same vibrations that go on inside of me. I felt in love. It's more than passion. It's a feeling of free possession. It's like knowing it's only yours at the same time that it belongs to millions of other people. No jealousy, no anger, but a lot of missing. A lot of dreaming and fantasizing about the day I'll be able to come back, to feel it's air blowing gently in my face, showing that I'm surely loved back. That's what's beautiful about it, it always loves you back. It's the capital of the possibilities, where you feel that everything - I said everything - is possible. I'll never forget it or what it brought to me. I'll always carry with me the will to see it again, to feel I'm a part of it again.

I know you'll think I'm crazy, but... New York, I love you!

2 comentários:

  1. "And... if I can make it there
    I'm gonna make it anywhere
    It's up to you"

    ResponderExcluir
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JOy1nM6UoA
    a melhor interpretação da música que o pedro citou.
    NY é mesmo apaixonante, dá vontade de largar tudo e tentar a sorte lá, como nos filmes..

    ResponderExcluir